Thursday, January 1, 2009

Book List: Our Favorite Picture Books

My oldest daughter wrote this list for me when she was 13. There were a few picture books she still won't let me get rid of... even though my "baby" is now 15. We still like to read these!

1. Go Dog Go - This is one my favorite books to read when I (Lauren) was little.

2. Chick-a-Chick-a-Boom-Boom - Jordann loved this book she could say it by heart.
She took it with her everywhere!

3. Harry the Dirty Dog - I grew up reading this book. In Pre-K I was reading this
book while the other kids were playing.

4. The Little House - This is our Dad's favorite picture book.

5. The Story of Ping - This story is about a little duck on the Yangtze river.

6. Mike Mulligan and his Steam Shovel

7. Ox-Cart Man - I liked this book because it tells you how the farmer grew and made things and what he did throughout the year and what happened to the things he made.

8. Is Your Mama a Llama? - I love this story. It's about a baby llama looking for a friend whose mother is a llama.

9. Katie and the Big Snow - This is still one of my favorite picture books. I like the pictures in this book.

10. If You Give a Mouse a Cookie - We always like to hear what the mouse would want or do next. There are now three others. Another mouse, pig, and a moose,

No comments: