Sunday, June 22, 2014

Book List: 9 Books for Girls Who Love Adventure



This is probably not your typical reading list for a preteen girl but it's a list written by my daughter when she was 13.  She loved reading adventure stories or stories about Indians or pioneers and then acting them out.  I know there are a lot of girls out there like her so I thought I'd share her list with you.  Please feel free to pass it on to others!  (The words are her own and I didn't change any of the grammar or spelling.)

1. The Lord of the Rings - This is my favorite book of all times. I think it's the best book ever written

2. Beauty - This book is based on the Beauty and the Beast story. And is really really good.

3. The Swiss Family Robinson - I love books were people are shipwrecked and have figure out how to survive with what they have.

4. The Princess and the Goblin - Is a great fantasy book and lots of great morals in it, by the famous author George MacDonald.

5. The Redwall Abbey Series - Is another great story of mice and other small animals.

6. Mara, Daughter of the Nile - Is a action, love story set in Ancient Egypt.

7. Little Woman - My mom loves this story about the life of four sisters

8. King Solomon's Mines - Is a action book about Allen Quatermain and others trying to find treasure.

9. Christy

NOTE:  Thanks for reading my blog post.  If you decide to scroll through and read other posts please realize that I'm in the process of uploading lots of content from other locations that I've gathered through our homeschooling years.  And I'm updating many of the old posts... a few at a time so come back and visit us again!

No comments: